Saturday, 28 March 2009

Nothings Sweet About Me......




Last weekend I decided to so something different and attempt savoury cupcakes. I have had courgette loaf/cake before which tasted really good so I guess this is just a similar idea in paper cup cases yeah. I have got to say these were a total success by my standards ha ha and I will definitely make them again. My partner ate four off the trot so I guess he liked them and by the way are definitely best warm. We thought would be a good breakfast thing with eggs or bacon if you are a meat eater. The other thing about these cup cakes is that the mixture looks a bit weird and when warm they stick to paper cups a bit but guessing if this was an issue you could use silicone cups maybe (I am yet to try mine).

Here is the recipe.....

Courgette, Feta & Ricotta Cupcakes

200g of plain flour
3 tsp of baking powder
2 tbsp sugar
4 baby courgettes
2 spring onions
225g ricotta
150g feta
2 large eggs
110g butter/marg
60 mls milk

First prep 12 cupcake cases and preheat oven to 200c/400f/gas 6. I got all my wet ingredients ready in one bowl first: grated the courgette, crumbled the feta, chopped the spring onion, added ricotta, added melted marg and beaten eggs. I sieved flour into another bowl with baking powder and sugar. I added dry ingredients to wet and mixed well until I had a kind of stiff mixture. I then spooned into the paper cases.

These take around 20 minutes in the oven but as with sweet ones you can tell are ready by golden colour and spongy when pressed.
Yummy. Don't let cool too much before you get stuck in but yes are good cool too.

No comments:

Post a Comment