Sunday, 10 May 2009

Giant Cupcakes Not Muffins





The Fairy Queen does not make muffins, oh no I make giant fairy cakes because a muffin is a flat bread roll you have for breakfast.

I made giant cranberry cupcakes today which I am in a slight huff about. I bought a silicone muffin tin yesterday, Antony Worrel Thompson if that is how you spell it. I hate celebrity endorsed merchandise as a rule but this was the best one for the job. I was thinking on a lemon iced giant cupcake but the Elf put in a request for cranberry one and I agreed it sounded more interesting and healthy too. Well I think turned out okay, but the Elf who I am now renaming the Dark Elf complained :( I Asked the Dark elf if he would like a cup of tea and to try the cranberry cakes which had now cooled. I presented him with both and returned to the kitchen only for the Elf to come running in almost tripping over his pointy green shoes and declared 'Babe its not cooked in the middle!' to which I said are you sure cos mine is fine? He then poked his finger about in the middle, 'okay I get your point!'. Returning them to the oven I slowly sunk into a huff, granted not a good one because well I can not huff as such as involves total silence. He may not eat any now but that's fine as I will eat them all because are nice and cranberries are very juicy.

Anyway here is the recipe.....


Giant Cranberry Cupcakes

2 medium eggs
5 1/2 ounces of margarine
3 1/2 ounces caster sugar
2 tbsp milk
3 1/2 ounces of self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
3 ounces of dried cranberries

Beat margarine and sugar together and gradually beat in egg. mix in milk. Add cranberries to sifted flour and baking powder (this stops fruit sinking to bottom of sponge). Mix in flour, fruit etc, mix well. Divide into 6 'muffin' size cases already in a 'muffin' tin. Cook for 20 minutes in oven on 180c/350f. To test if really cooked give to the Dark Elf who will poke his finger in it ;)



3 comments:

  1. Your cupcakes looks delicious!!! yummi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cupcakes!!! And I just love the different cupcakes you have in your blog!Hope you wont mind but I'd love to bring over Foodista readers to your site, just add this little widget here to this post and it's all set to go, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ziho!

    Thanks thumbbook I have added it to my side bar :)

    ReplyDelete