Tuesday, 19 May 2009

Inside The Cupcake Cupboard


I think if you are addicted to baking, cake decorating or in my case cupcakes you are always on the look out for new ingredients and things to embellish your designs with. I have slowly built up a collection of cupcake bits and bobs and the good thing is most items are not costly. It is good to have an assortment of items ready at hand if you suddenly feel like making a batch of cupcakes and sometimes just looking in the cupboard inspires me! I guess I am a wee bit sad like that :)

I have different size and design cupcake cases, different colourings, flavourings, candy, sprinkles and decorations along side my basic ingredients. When you wonder round the supermarket you spot things and not only in the baking isle eg. fruit to decorate flavour and colour. I found cupcake decorated cases on a stall which had mainly decorative bits and bobs for gifts and the home, a place I did not expect to find them. Of course the good old Internet has so many places to look! I have found amazon has a pretty good selection of baking/decorating items, doesn't Amazon have everything! Great cupcake books on Amazon too, though I did pick a few up in bargain book type places. Magazines of course are great and I have started to tear and collect from them. A great place to be inspired though I have never tried to recreate any of the impressive designs is here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/sweetcuppincakesbakery/pool/show/with/3373662866/

Have you noticed all the fancy cupcakes appearing in the high street shops? The Cupcake is definitely a big trend in a little package isn't it. Anyway a little cupcake babble goes a long way so I will stop now before you nod off.


No comments:

Post a Comment