Sunday, 14 June 2009

The Non Cupcake Bake!



I made cookies today and thought I would share them with you though yes are not cupcakes! I made Smartie Cookies, you could use M&M or similar of course. They were a quick bake and turned out really well. I must say you need to move really quick putting the Smarties on top so I suggest making in two batches of six.

Recipe:

Smartie Cookies

100g 3 1/2 0z of low fat spread or other margarine
50g 1 1/3 of golden/light brown caster sugar
2 tbsp Golden Syrup
1 tsp of Vanilla extract
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp of baking powder
2 tubes of Smartie or M&Ms approx 60

Heat oven to gas 6 200c and grease tray in preparation. Mix margarine, sugar and add golden syrup and vanilla. Mix well. Add sifted flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Mix together to form a cookie dough which is not too sticky to handle. Divide into 12 bits, roll into balls in palm of hand and press onto baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes. Now for the bit when Check Spellingyou have to move quick! Remove from oven and while still on tray very quickly press 5 Smarties into each cookie. Leave to cool for a while on tray before transferring to a cooling rack. Taste good and are low calorie, 134 calories per cookie and only two weight watchers points.

Being sad I noticed one tube of Smarties had 3 more smarties in than the other!!! How wrong is that!

2 comments:

  1. Hi my name is mary ann. I wanted to follow yr recipe but notice there's no flour used. Pls advice. Thank you

    Pls contact me : maryann_galistan@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops!!! Yes flour you will need 10 0z! Sorry, thanks for that Mary Ann :)

    ReplyDelete